View Single Post
Old
10-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Happy Girl

vCash: 500
Brian Savage donated $250,000 to building this arena. I've not seen the Cady Ice Arena but I have so many good memories of Goggin, Jason Mallon's OT goal against Michigan, the boys lining up after every game to salute the crowd, all of the banners the students made that lined the walls ... so many good memories. I hope that they continue the tradition in the new facility.

http://muredhawks.cstv.com/sports/m-...100306aaa.html

Quote:
NATIONAL RECOGNITION: After guiding Miami to the 2005-06 CCHA Championship and the first No. 1 national ranking in school history, head coach Enrico Blasi became the second coach in program history to earn the Spencer Penrose National Coach of the Year Award. Blasi joined current Denver head coach George Gwozdecky, who led the Red and White for five seasons (1989-1994) and took the program to its first NCAA Tournament.

MENTOR MEETS STUDENT: When Miami and Denver faceoff on Oct. 6, it will mark the second time in the past four seasons that Miami head coach Enrico Blasi will have been matched up against his former college coach, George Gwozdecky. Blasi played under Gwozdecky for four seasons at Miami and was an assistant captain in 1992-93 when Miami made its first trip to the NCAA Tournament. Additionally, Blasi cut his college-coaching teeth under Gwozdecky at Denver, serving as an assistant coach with the Pioneers for four seasons.
Go Miami! I know that Tommy will be watching you from heaven boys and cheering you on.

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote