View Single Post
Old
05-30-2013, 10:09 PM
GarretJoseph*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
The rangers overachieved under Roger Neilson in the early 90's but the team was divided with the James Patrick , Darren Turcottes of the world backing captain video and the proven winners going to the g.m. Asking for a new coach that plays offense first.. Neil smith went to messier and he asked for a new coach and he got it, the following season messier goes nuts and wins a cup..Could it happen again with Hank with a clear head
I don't know how much better Hank can get, he won the Vezina last season and may well again this season. Can't see how he gets better unless you compare to possible Hasek numbers with Buffalo.

I don't think anybody went to Sather. I think based on the exit interviews this move was made. I think this really went sour for Torts when he insulted Sam during an interview (J/K of course)

The Nash deal lost Torts his job IMO. If the Rangers somehow could have made the Nash deal the actual Gaborik deal in the off-season and kept Prust, ect the Rangers might still be in this thing. I think Nash is great but for Torts system, no way.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote