View Single Post
Old
05-30-2013, 10:15 PM
habsfanatics*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
Price played just as well before this contract as PK has before this contract. Difference is now is that PK played like a Top 3 or Top 5 defenseman and Price did the exact opposite.

PK before this year was never a consistent elite defenseman game in and game out. I remember one year, JM benched him for multiple games and at 1 point, multiple games consecutively because he was turning over the puck all too often and making plays he shouldn't be making.
I'm done arguing with you.

One last point:

Shot/differential is bigger indicator of team play than goal/differential. Shot/differential helps define the process that led to the goal. A goal is just a goal, it tells you very little about how the team is playing. I know it's hard to fathom, but it's true. Shots can ricochet off a number of bodies and luck their way in the net, in fact now, more than ever, most goals are scored this way, luck/random variation are huge in this game. They level out eventually, but over the short term not so much. When you're outshooting your opponents consistently every game it's a much better predictor of future success. You may not get those pinball bounces over a stretch, but eventually you will.

Have a good night.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1425805

If you want to do some reading, this link is a really good discussion on the negative correlation between blocked shots and winning.

The LA KINGS we dead last in blocked shots last year. Their puck possession was so good shots weren't going at their net. This is what I have been telling you all along, but you continue to ignore it for some unknown reason.

Last edited by habsfanatics*: 05-30-2013 at 10:31 PM.