View Single Post
Old
05-31-2013, 07:59 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I see where you're coming from, and I agree to an extent, but our garbage IS what you're offering. From Colorado or Florida's position, why on earth move out of the big 3 (or really 2 in this case) for players not panning out (though with potential). Blum and/or SK to lose out on Mac? They would want a real good reason to not draft where they are and those guys are not it.
Is Smith really garbage if paired with Stastny? If they have the same chemistry they may have something special. Having the best players isn't always the right way to go, it's having the guys that get the most out of each other. While many around here think SK is garbage, I still don't buy it. Blum, ok, he's garbage...lol.

It depends on needs as well for both teams. Really, what is it worth to move up three spots in the draft? Years ago we moved a second to move from 3 to 2 to pick Legwand. I could see moving Ellis and swapping picks might get it done. Might have to throw in another prospect of lower value but I don't see moving one of our better prospects who are ready to play now to move up.

For what it's worth, I'm not sold on MacKinnon. I just get a bad feeling that he is going to be a bust. Felt that way for a long time. Watched him in some games and I just don't see it. That's just me though. He's good but is he going to be THAT guy.