View Single Post
Old
05-31-2013, 12:09 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
What has rarely come up that I think is a huge concern is how little Sather seems to know about his team. If, by all reports, he was prepared to bring back Torts and it took the player exit interviews to get a real grasp on the feelings in the lockerroom. Shouldn't the GM have a better idea of what's going on with his team>
It's a double edged sword. If Sather is around the lockerroom too much that would be a bad thing. I have no issue with Sather keeping a "safe distance" from the team. I don't think he could be completely out of touch considering his Assistant GM Jim Schoenfeld also acted as a practice Coach.

I think the players were as professional as possible and didn't go to Sather during the year to complain. I think the players used the forum granted to them during the end of year meetings to say what they had to say. I give the players credit for being honest, for keeping the gripes to themselves during the season. (Other than the Avery tweet which Callahan dismissed) That shows maturity that other Rangers teams did not possess.

Sather should lose his job too but I can't fault him for not knowing how bad the situation in the room had become.