Thread: Player Discussion: Amnesty Volchenkov or Salvador?
View Single Post
Old
05-31-2013, 12:14 PM
MichaelJ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Okay. Then who are you trading for? What assets do you think the Devils have available to make the kinds of moves that you're talking about? What kind of dent in the prospect pool are you envisioning?
No offense, but I don't need you to tell me that it takes two teams to make a deal. Is every team in the NHL going to hold onto every scorer they have? There are no teams that need defense and have offense? I'm not going to set out specific targets because I'm certain that you'll tell me that every single one of them is unattainable for whatever reason suits you.

What dent would I make in prospects? A huge one. As I mentioned earlier, I'd only gamble on Larsson, Merrill, and Severson becoming NHL players as they have the highest ceilings. That's not to say that none of the other prospects cannot or won't make it, I'm just betting on the strongest horses. If the team holds onto to all of them, some will undoubtedly fail and the Devils will have lost the opportunity to deal them. Identify the core pieces and trade the rest. The #9 pick, Boucher (most goals in OHL), Urbom, Gelinas, Tedenby, Josefson, Matteau, Burlon, and Scarlett are fair game and will attract interest. I'd look to deal Tallinder and even one of Greene/Fayne in the right deal.

MichaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote