Thread: Player Discussion: Amnesty Volchenkov or Salvador?
View Single Post
Old
05-31-2013, 12:17 PM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
No offense, but I don't need you to tell me that it takes two teams to make a deal. Is every team in the NHL going to hold onto every scorer they have? There are no teams that need defense and have offense? I'm not going to set out specific targets because I'm certain that you'll tell me that every single one of them is unattainable for whatever reason suits you.

What dent would I make in prospects? A huge one. As I mentioned earlier, I'd only gamble on Larsson, Merrill, and Severson becoming NHL players as they have the highest ceilings. That's not to say that none of the other prospects cannot or won't make it, I'm just betting on the strongest horses. If the team holds onto to all of them, some will undoubtedly fail and the Devils will have lost the opportunity to deal them. Identify the core pieces and trade the rest. The #9 pick, Boucher (most goals in OHL), Urbom, Gelinas, Tedenby, Josefson, Matteau, Burlon, and Scarlett are fair game and will attract interest. I'd look to deal Tallinder and even one of Greene/Fayne in the right deal.
I agree with everything you've said here. Except the 9th overall and Boucher, I'm not interested in dealing them. And I'd not deal Greene or Fayne, being our only two really reliable defensemen.

The rest of those guys, any of them I'd trade in the right deal. The problem is they're not going to bring back the kind of players that might put the Devils in a position where the cap becomes a concern.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote