View Single Post
Old
05-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
It's a double edged sword. If Sather is around the lockerroom too much that would be a bad thing. I have no issue with Sather keeping a "safe distance" from the team. I don't think he could be completely out of touch considering his Assistant GM Jim Schoenfeld also acted as a practice Coach.

I think the players were as professional as possible and didn't go to Sather during the year to complain. I think the players used the forum granted to them during the end of year meetings to say what they had to say. I give the players credit for being honest, for keeping the gripes to themselves during the season. (Other than the Avery tweet which Callahan dismissed) That shows maturity that other Rangers teams did not possess.

Sather should lose his job too but I can't fault him for not knowing how bad the situation in the room had become.
Good points, though, it doesn't have to be one extreme or the other. Does he have to hang around the locker after every game to know whats going on ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
I think of that as a plus. At this point I doubt he has any real responsibilities with the day-to-day running of the team.
I think he was put into a 'committee' situation by Dolan 2 years ago.