View Single Post
Old
05-31-2013, 01:05 PM
WarriorofTime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I guess we'll see, nobody is going to fault them for whoever they choose. I agree that they need a Dman, but they can trade RoR or Duchene for a very solid Dman maybe not as good as Jones will be though, but imo an elite #1C >an elite #1Dman.

Kind of like ..would you trade Crosby or Toews for Suter or Chara?

Mackinnon projects to be better than all the Cs that COL has. And you can never have too many Cs on your team.
It totally depends on the team. On the Hawks, no I would never trade Toews for Suter because the Hawks already have a #1 DMan and very good depth as well whereas trading Toews gives us 0 Top 6 Centers. In a world where the Penguins draft Toews second overall instead of Jordan Staal and have Crosby-Malkin-Toews then you definitely trade Toews for Suter. Crosby is a bit unfair to compare to since he's comfortably the best player in the league.

MacKinnon will probably be better than Duchene but I still don't think it's worth it. I don't think Center is so important that it suddenly becomes the only thing that's important. I dunno what DMan they could really get if the draft MacKinnon and trade Duchene/ROR/Stastny. Bonafide #1 D are really hard to find. There's maybe like 15 of them. I doubt for instance a guy like OEL would be available unless he starts demanding out.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote