View Single Post
05-31-2013, 02:28 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
people don't even watch TV as is, ratings are down for everything. Networks are being killed by cable. This generation and generation x is gone. Do you care about NHL local ratings? I don't, so why should we about baseball, it says that mass appeal is now limited.

I will agree about the women. A lot of chicks hate football because it takes the whole day and the fans can just be awful sometimes.
Then nobody should ever mention national TV ratings, because in an age when all of your team's games are on TV you can just check out when your team's season is over. As a lot of people do. It's sad the World Series isn't the occasion it used to be (I've got a cool book of front pages when Game 1 of the World Series would be on the front page of every newspaper in the country - on the front of the NY Daily News even when it was the Cardinals and Tigers), but we've traded the pageantry of October for absolutely gorging ourselves on baseball from April to September 31st. And judging by the numbers most people seem to prefer it.

The one exception is the NFL, but it's once a week on a Sunday afternoon when it's cold outside. And the game looks great on TV.

HabsByTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote