View Single Post
Old
05-31-2013, 02:24 PM
ErieOttersNews
Bura Come Back

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
I am not sure what has happened with Robertson but I can try to ask around. I know he suffered an injury but unless he had another one occur he should have been at the camp a few weeks back.
I like your first two lines but I think Erie needs to trade some of the youth you mentioned for not only a d-man but also solid 3rd/2nd line forward. I know others like Lattavo but I just do not see it. He is big but he is also slow and does not seem to move his feet at quite an OHL level yet. Can he make it one day? Sure he can but based on what I have seen I just do not think he is ready yet. Especially on a team that is looking to be a contender, they need three lines that can score.
Defensively I agree Donnay needs to go. I think Murphy does as well, I always liked his potential but they are not playing him so move him, Donnay, and they also have five second round picks in the next two seasons. I say move Harper, Donnay Murphy, and Felker along with 3 of those draft picks. They should have no problem getting a top 4 d-man and also a depth scoring forward with the assets they have.
Lattavo can be a fourth liner imo, I think Betz could maybe be a third liner if he improves his speed and puck handling (I mixed it up in my intial line projection). I agree, move Harper, Donnay, Murphy, Felker, and maybe even Wood or Dermott plus some second round picks, we can easily pick up a solid top 4 dman and another scoring forward to play the 2nd or 3rd line. Also if we wanted strome/mcdavid together the top two could be:
Strome-McDavid-Crisp
Fox-Cairns-Brown
Strome and McDavid would be a sick scoring line with crisp to add grit and protection. Fox-Cairns-Brown work very well together for whatever reason when they played together (ex:the early january game against Sarnia). Lots of options, I am pretty optimistic about this season.