View Single Post
Old
05-31-2013, 02:26 PM
Sorinth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I believe it does. Our lack of vision made Price having the advantage over us. Pretty strange considering the fact that even with Theodore, we thought we had to pick a goalie with our #5 but then since Price came in...it's all in and no need to do anything in that department. I know I keep signing that song, but in the meantime, Boston has Rask....Khudobin....Svedberg......Subban. Anaheim has Fasth, Hiller, Gibson and Andersen. We are such in great shape that we can't let Robert Mayer go....

Price was told he was worth that money. He was told when he was picked #5. Was told when we traded Huet for a pick. Was told when we traded THE fan favorite away...He was continously told....well he believed it.
I'm not sure the bolded part is really true. Don't forget they reduced the number of rounds in the draft after the 04 lockout. So we can't draft a Halak in the 9th round anymore. If you compare the seven pre/post Price drafts and exclude players taken after the 7th round then the difference is a couple of 6th round picks. Granted it's twice as many goalies selected but it's highly unlikely that grabbing a couple of goalies in the 6th round would have changed Price's situation.