View Single Post
Old
05-31-2013, 02:31 PM
Crottenham

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieottersnews View Post
Lattavo can be a fourth liner imo, I think Betz could maybe be a third liner if he improves his speed and puck handling (I mixed it up in my intial line projection). I agree, move Harper, Donnay, Murphy, Felker, and maybe even Wood or Dermott plus some second round picks, we can easily pick up a solid top 4 dman and another scoring forward to play the 2nd or 3rd line. Also if we wanted strome/mcdavid together the top two could be:
Strome-McDavid-Crisp
Fox-Cairns-Brown
Strome and McDavid would be a sick scoring line with crisp to add grit and protection. Fox-Cairns-Brown work very well together for whatever reason when they played together (ex:the early january game against Sarnia). Lots of options, I am pretty optimistic about this season.
I saw this in comments last year, you guys seem to over-estimate the impact young guys can make in your line-up. Expecting Strome (who will be very good) to contribute that much off the get-go is a huge leap.

Not to mention, I don't get how trading that many pieces of your future for one defenceman puts this franchise on the road to sustainable, long-term excellence.

Just my two cents......