View Single Post
Old
05-31-2013, 04:10 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
They have 39 players under signed contract for next season. Nine RFAs--Zuccarello, McDonagh, Hagelin, Stepan, Sauer, Mashinter, Ferriero, Palmieri and Niemi. The first four are locks to be back. Sauer, I don't know what they do with him. Mashinter and Ferriero may be back. Palmieri? Niemi already left for Finland. So from those nine, you probably end up bringing back six or seven.

Clowe, Hamrlik, Eminger and Gilroy are UFAs. Maybe one or two of them are back. Of the non-roster guys, I count four UFA--Sean Collins, Logan Pyett, Brandon Segal, Mike Vernace. I doubt Sean Collins is back in any capacity. Can you get Pyett, Vernace and Segal on AHL deals? They may be able to land an NHL deal somewhere.

We'll have a couple of openings.
Unless there's been some significant improvement in his condition I doubt very much that Sauer is going to get a contract. It's too bad--he was turning out nicely.

The Rangers will probably keep a couple spots anyway open for UFA's. Richards gets bought out. If I were to guess maybe only one of Mashinter, Ferriero and Palmieri come back. Segal has over 100 NHL games. He had a good season for the AHL anyway. He's not going to sign an AHL contract and I doubt Vernace or Pyett will either. Our AHL team has very little experience returning on defense. We'll have to sign I would think at least two guys to 2 way contracts. I'd be fine with both Vernace and Pyett but not Collins though Gernander seemed to like him--maybe we should get rid of Gernander.