View Single Post
Old
05-31-2013, 04:08 PM
SupremeTeam16

vCash: 500
If I was wearing MacT's glasses with that slicked back silver fox hair here's what I would be trying to do. Maybe can't make it all happen but I dont think these moves are unreasonably or outlandish.

First off I would try to turn Hemsky and our 2nd from Ana into either Johansen out of columbus or Hanzal out of phx. In columbus I think Johansen has maybe fallen out of favour, they keep expecting him to turn into a 2C but I believe that he possesses excellent shutdown skills has the size and some scoring upside to be one of the best 3C's in the league with some good line mates. Hanzal is the same type of player but he is injury proned (even worse then Hemsky) a bit of a risk and who's to say either Gm makes one of those deals but I think they are pretty fair value. If it was a deal breaker we could retain some of Hemsky's contract.

Secondly, Im agressively trying to sign both Bryan Bickell and Boyd Gordon, both are solid bottom 6 guys, Bickell has potential to jump up into the top 6 occasionally but is by no means a full time top 6 player. Boyd Gordon is a heart and soul guy who always gives 110 and he is great in the dot. Both these guys are middle of the pack FA's, while Bickells play in the playoffs has shed some more light on him I think they are two guys that will fly under the radar and while everyone else is chasing the Clowe's and the clarksons and the Horton's I'm on the phone with these two on July 5th saying you are the guys we want, you aren't our runner ups because we lost out on clowe and clarkson you are the guys we want to bring in and prove it by offereing some good contracts (bickell 3x3 and Gordon 2x1.75) I think we would have a good chance of landing them both.

Next I'm looking at the back up situation and I'm definitely looking overseas. Guys like Aanti Raanta, Joacim ericsson are guys I'm looking at and on this side of the pond I think Anton Khudobin. These are all guys who can be had for cheap and could very easily push Dubnyk to be better while being solid when needed.

At the draft I'm praying Monahan is still around at 7 if he isn't I'm looking to put a package together built around the 7th overall that is gonna bring in a veteran D-man who is reliable in his own end and can log big minutes (think Regher for LA and what did he cost them a 2nd?)

If I cant get a deal done I draft either Lindholm or Darnell Nurse.

So if you made it this far my 13-14 lineup would look something along the lines of:

Hall RNH Yakupov
PRV Gagner Eberle
Bickell Johansen/Hanzal Hartikinen
Brown Gordon Petrell

Traded or FA D-man J. Schultz
Smid Petry
N. Schultz Belov
Fistric

Dubnyk
Raanta/khudobin

Also if there was anyway to make a deal for Cal Clutterbuck out of Minnesota I'd try and get that done, don't know what it would cost but Minne is gonna be a team up against the cap. If I could do a deal say something like 2014 2nd and say tony Rajala or another prospect I'd try that. Slot Clutterbuck in Hartikinens spot and send Harti back to the AHL. Leaving guys like Harti, Lander, Marincin, Klefbom in the AHL to start to strengthen our positional depth.

SupremeTeam16 is offline   Reply With Quote