View Single Post
Old
05-31-2013, 05:37 PM
Oilersfan2487

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by proam16 View Post
Not sure why you are comparing with Louis Leblanc...you do not know who my kid is.
I guess the problem over there is some of the parents and the support the coach receives from the association. The coach is not allowed to coach his bench. At that level of competion - the coach should have the right to coach his bench and have support while doing it. Every other coach in the province has that right...to some degree.
I still would not send my kid to play over there. IMO - some of those teams should have be in Dodoge cup finals consistently - but they have not been...too much medling and saying yes...So for those reasons I would not send my kid there.
I think the point was that if Louis Leblanc could succeed with Claude Francis as his coach, that your son could. Your suggestion about dodge cup finals being a criteria for your son going to a program I think is hogwash at best. Getting to the final of that tournament has more to do with all the events around the tournament more than coaching. Though, I have seen Claude Francis coach in a dodge cup final...have you? I don't think Claude Francis would endorse your version of interference, he has grown a lot as a coach because of the investment that his organization has made in him since 2005-2006. I think he values the support he receives...Eli probably does not as he hasn't been coaching at an elite level and his atom bb resume was not as appreciated as he felt it should be...taking a course and getting a level does not make you a good coach until such time as you see the fruits of the labor, like I mentioned about Kirk Mullin and his work...the fruits of his labor are more evident than Eli, I think we can agree on that !