View Single Post
Old
05-31-2013, 08:30 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
If they signed him there will likely be an announcement tomorrow. If they decided not to, then I wonder what it is that they didn't like? I've been watching the boxscores for all our CHL prospects and statistically he didn't have as good a season as his draft year so there is something in his game Chevy and the scouts don't like. He doesn't have great size so maybe they were looking for offense and he didn't show enough. Maybe they don't like his defensive game and are looking for physical defensive defencemen. We have enough offensive defencemen already. I suppose they don't want to pay for his development if he can't provide what they want.

IMO you can't have too many defencemen and St.J isn't really stacked, but like most of us, I've never seen Yuen play so I have to trust that the scouts have been paying attention to him and they don't like what they see. We'll know by tomorrow one way or the other.
Problem is we should be looking at him relative to Chiarot, Sol, O`Neill and Melchiori, not what is currently on the roster.

Offensively he has had more production than any with the possible exception of O`Neill... and he showed that this season with being the PPQB of his team and plus having higher pts/gp than any of the three that went through CHL (and that includes Sol and Melchiori's OA season). He had a huge offensive explosion in the last quarter of the season and was a large reason for pushing the TCA into the playoffs.

I did watch a lot of him and I'd say he's more defensive than all of the above with maybe the exception of Melchiori. He did lineup against the other teams top lines from what I saw but I don't have statistical data to back up my hunches with evidence. His skating and gap control have always led most scouts to project him as more of a defensive defensemen with possibility of being a 2-way guy if he can learn O in pro.