View Single Post
Old
10-06-2006, 10:33 PM
LePoche69

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
I've followed his career in the AHL. He IS good defensively.

Tonight, however, he thought he was a superstar and forgot to backcheck and play smart hockey with the lead. It was VERY uncharacteristic of him.

That said, he made some beautiful plays and looked very dangerous offensively. All in all, it's a wash. But it's promising to see how dangerous the 2nd line was all night. I'd love to see what kind of spind Shabutie can put on this.
Maybe you're right and as a Habs fan, I really hope you're right. But honnestly, very very honnestly, since the beginning of last year, his first in the NHL, I never saw Pleks being good in his own zone, except on the PK, of course. I volontarily pay attention to him each game on that aspect since many people disagree (and I wonder "am I nuts?"), and I still never saw him play well in his own zone. Sometimes he played OK, or even "good" for that matter, but not many time.

But still, he was amazing in the PO, he's young, seems to want to learn, and at least shows some dedication to the defensive aspect of the game. So I do think he'll be better.