View Single Post
Old
06-01-2013, 01:24 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
He wouldn't answer teams questions about playing in the AHL before the NHL at the combine. I don't think he's a shoe-in to be playing in the NHL next year so there's a chance he'll go back to Russia. I think that will scare off some teams.

Forsberg and Grigorenko were rated in the top 5 on most lists and dropped out of the top 10, both of them didn't have the questions marks surrounding them like Nichushkin does. He might not make it to our pick and hell we might not even draft him if he does but I don't think it's totally out of the question to see him drop out of the top 10.
Forsberg went 6th didn't he so that's not really much movement (which is pretty much what I think will happen with Nichushkin) and as boredmale said Grigorenko had dropped in rankings considerably. I get you're point and yeah it's not out of the realm of possibility that Nichushkin could drop out of the top 10, I just think it's highly unlikely given his desire to play in the NHL. My point is even if he doesn't make it onto an NHL team next season and he goes back to the KHL I doubt his desire to play in the NHL will have dissipated in a year and by then he'll most definitely be ready to play in the NHL. I mean just looking at the teams who are drafting in the 5-10 range I'd argue he'd make most of those teams out of camp next year given their lack of offensive depth (flames, sabres, devils, stars). Hell, the Canes even make some sense especially with Semin signed long term (Nichushkin doesn't speak English).