View Single Post
Old
06-01-2013, 12:37 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Forsberg went 6th didn't he so that's not really much movement (which is pretty much what I think will happen with Nichushkin) and as boredmale said Grigorenko had dropped in rankings considerably. I get you're point and yeah it's not out of the realm of possibility that Nichushkin could drop out of the top 10, I just think it's highly unlikely given his desire to play in the NHL. My point is even if he doesn't make it onto an NHL team next season and he goes back to the KHL I doubt his desire to play in the NHL will have dissipated in a year and by then he'll most definitely be ready to play in the NHL. I mean just looking at the teams who are drafting in the 5-10 range I'd argue he'd make most of those teams out of camp next year given their lack of offensive depth (flames, sabres, devils, stars). Hell, the Canes even make some sense especially with Semin signed long term (Nichushkin doesn't speak English).
Forsberg went 11th actually (coincidence?).

I would say his chances of making an NHL roster is 50/50 right now regardless of where he goes. It might be year if in the KHL but teams could offer him crazy stuff during that time to try to get him to stay, even with the terminated contract the "Russian factor" will still be in play. Teams still won't be comfortable with him spending that year in the KHL if he doesn't make the roster.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked either way if he goes in the top 10 or not.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 06-01-2013 at 01:44 PM.