Old
06-01-2013, 12:44 PM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrizzleFry22 View Post
I would like Ryan Hartman.

From the limited play I have seen he is good defensively and hits everything.

Also love having Sharks prospects playing for team USA at the WJC.
We need someone with more upside than Hartman. He seems like a lock to be a 3rd or 4th liner, and if you get really lucky might top out as a 2nd liner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
I have a LONG list of players I really like...this is a really, really strong draft.

I have very little doubt that DW will move at least 1 of their 2nd round picks either in a trade for a player or to trade up so I have no idea where the Sharks might end up drafting.

Anyhow, the players I'm interested both in the 1st and 2nd rounds are Erne, De la Rose, Zykov, Compher, Dickinson, Duclair, Gauthier, Klimchuk, Rychel.

I also like McCoshen, Heatherington & Morin and figure if the Sharks use two of their 2nd round picks one will be on a defenseman.

There's more players I could list here but again, I have no idea where they'll be drafting. If they move up I'd really love Horvat, Burakowsky or Shinkaruk. I'm also a huge fan of Domi but I don't see him staying on the board for very long.
I like all the forwards you mentioned with exception to Gauthier and Rychel. Rychel just gives off a strange vibe to me, don't ask me to explain it, although admittedly I only caught one of his CHL games so I'm no expert. And Gauthier, I just don't think he has much offensive upside to him, although I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I also really, really like McCoshen and Heatherington. Heatherington reminds me a ton of Vlasic, and McCoshen reminds me of Ryan McDonagh. I know I'm generally against picking defensemen in the first two rounds, but those two and Madison Bowey are three guys I'd be okay with in the second round. Hate Sam Morin though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Erne is a player you would take anyway IMO.

From what I've seen and read, he is a great skater, he is physical, has a good two way game, has a very good shot, good to very good hands, and strong. He can make plays too. Can't have enough of these types of players.

He reminds me of TJ Oshie. He is bigger and a better shooter than Oshie though.
Erne will never touch Oshie's defensive play.