View Single Post
Old
06-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci2001 View Post
I would argue Torts was unable to tap the skills of players such as Gaborik, Nash, Richards, Hagelin(on the PP at least). A real coach understands how to get his players going I can understand slumps but players that have won the Conn and gold medal winners rarely flop. He was doing something wrong and obviously he was the wrong guy for the job. They need a new coach that can maximize the talent not just keep shuffling the deck and pray to god something works out. Look at what Oates did with Ovi in Washington. Its all about fit and Tortorella was the wrong fit for this team though his hard nosed coaching might have long term benefits he isn't the coach that would ever bring your team to the promise land. I would personally say Eakins would be a good coach or Lindy Ruff though Ruff is sort of cut from the same cloth as Torts. AV would be good for the players but he has proven he can't win when it counts either. Give Eakins a shot or try for a Cinderella story with that Gretzky and Messier rumor floating around.
You can argue that, but you'd be wrong.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote