View Single Post
Old
06-01-2013, 01:48 PM
DecadesofFutility

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I strongly believe everyone knows you want to draft a defenseman with the Flyers first round pick. I believe 70 of those 76 post have made that statement. It might even be all of them.

Flyers don't believe the centers will develop quicker either, they have the best potential they feel. Everyone is so high on Dougie Hamilton, but lets see the kid play a full 82 and take it from there. We haven't seen fan bases or others tout a rookie before on here....... Hmmm still waiting for Krieder to become an elite goal scorer he was supposed to be this year. Now the Ranger fans are throwing him in deals left and right. We are the most reactionary place to discuss hockey on the internet, I trust whoever the Flyers take in the first round, defenseman or not. I am not a pro scout, so their opinion is much more valued than any of us. Last year is the perfect example, Laughton over Maataa. Everyone was so mad at that pick, but we don't even know how these kids will play in the NHL, and we were calling it a bad pick....
Heck, the Flyers could be right. I could be totally wrong.
I would not be the first time that happened.

As a fan I just marvel at the ineptitude of our defense in
moving the puck out of our zone.