View Single Post
06-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by PJ A Oates View Post
There are som rumours in local media that Skellefteċ AIK-captain Jimmie Ericsson (older brother of Jonathan Ericssons (Detroit)) has been talking to some NHL-teams. No teams mentioned so I don't know how much it's worth.

Jimmie won the Swedish Championship and was part of team Sedin winning the World Champs.

He is skilled and plays with a lot of intesity and could actually work as a skilled checker in the NHL.

Players from Skellefteċ that may go to the NHL:
Bud Holloway
Joacim Eriksson
Jimmie Ericsson
Petter Granberg (will join the Leafs)
Oscar Möller

Maybe even gritty forward from France: Pierre-Édouard Bellemare. Many fans think he should get the chanse but he had problems with injuries this past season.
Both the bolded are property of the LA Kings.

Bud Holloway is a UFA July 5th, however I believe he has re-upped for another season in Skelleftea and from what I have heard the signing window for transfers ends before that. So it is LA (or trade) or nothing it would seem. If King GM Dean Lombardi and Holloway are willing to bury the hatchet (rumours were that the original leave for Europe by Holloway was not well received in LA) he could find himself as the #2 LW in LA next season. I really think he will be a real solid NHLer when he finally comes back.

I do not think Moller will be headed back at this time. There is no real role for him in LA right now. I think LA is content to let him continue to develop in Sweden right now. They hold his rights until he is 27 (will not be eligible for Group VI UFA unlike Holloway), and until he has gotten over his injury issues and put on more strength I do not think he will be a quality NHLer.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote