View Single Post
Old
06-01-2013, 02:31 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Some thoughts going forward after Windsor"s 2 day mini camp

I think the play of many players from all positions will give coaches and management
alike pause to think of what to do,as well as a look to the future
Keeping in mind,u had 16 and 17 year olds playing against other not to go overboard
until at least they play against 18-20 year olds as well can we get a fair view of what to
expect going forward,but its fun to project anyhow
Goaltender Brendan Johnston a 16 year old looks poised to be around for a awhile as he was outstanding this weekend,he will battle for a job this fall imo
On defense rookies Burns,Murray,Markovic,as well as last yr years picks Kotsovos and Baughman all played well with their variety of skill sets,some were better with the puck
think Baughman,Murray and Burns,some were better hitting wise think Markovic,Murray and Kotsovos,while all of them did engage throughout the camp that impressed me the most
Upfront forwards Moore,Luchulk Demontis,Trublin,Leslie despite their lack of size displayed ample portions of speed ,skill and neccessary grit to get things done
Bigger drafted forwards such as Hughes,Miller and Andlauer used their bodies effectively
and Hughes particularly the best big body forward of the camp showed nice skills too
From the free agent pool smaller forward Matt Kenney really impressed with his skill and determination,bigger forward Ryan Foss showed good hockey sense and ability,while Vince
Scognamligio impressed with his size and grit,Cole Nagy despite a bad shoulder played very well today,would not surprise me if all 4 forwards are invited to main camp
I am not overall going to rate the 4 players who were here last yr,Sanvido,Verbeek.Brown and HoSang though they all played well overall and will be counted on to take the next step

All in all I thought this year"s camp was far more better then last yr,better pace,more
physicality.more skilled,excellent goaltending and it gives the team mge something to think about
I feel there will be strong competition for all positions and some vets should be looking
over their shoulders if this camp is any indication
I am of the mindset if a younger player is as good as an older take the kid and we may see of that this fall
You add 2 forwards form the import draft as Boughner indicated from the podium that the spits wish for and the future does look brighter then last yrs finsh
It appears from 1st glance that the scouts did a far better job identifying talent both
draft wise and free agent wise,only time will tell if thats true