Thread: The Last of Us
View Single Post
Old
06-01-2013, 05:26 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Hate to say this to you SS but MGS4 was up there in my 'most over-rated games of all time' list.

I played the original Metal Gear when I was young and remember frustration... then later I never got to any of the other Metal Gear's.

MGS4 was basically a cut scene... I still remember the first time beating the game. I finished at about 12:30 AM... about 10 minutes into the final cut scene I fell asleep and I swear I worke up at 2:45 and the credits were still going...

(EDIT: but then again I also think the GTA series from Rockstar is pretty damn over-rated. Red Dead was great though).
The ending is about an hour or so. Honestly, I found Red Dead boring (just me), but I know it's very good. Just could never fully get into it. GTA I thought has always been a good series, but I've always been a person to just go around and do random **** instead of the story.

When a game has a lot of cutscenes, but goes along with a lot of gameplay, I don't see the problem. I still believe that probably the most overrated series (especially after the 4th game) is COD. Funny how some don't mention Mass Effect (2 was the best, 3 was good, and 1... the combat really was kinda bad, even if the RPG elements were very good) or Gears of War.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote