View Single Post
Old
06-01-2013, 06:28 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny LaRue View Post
I agree with you on a lot of points. MGS4 was awful. OTOH, Uncharted 2 and 3 are great in spite of their mediocre AI. The gameplay is fun and I personally like the stories.
I don't think MGS4 was completely awful, but I don't think it got less than a 9 from anywhere and for me it was simply to short and over-the-top in terms of cinematics. ALmost more of a lonnnnnng movie with some gameplay that was okay.

Personally I had waaaay more fun with Hitman: Blood Money around the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
The ending is about an hour or so. Honestly, I found Red Dead boring (just me), but I know it's very good. Just could never fully get into it. GTA I thought has always been a good series, but I've always been a person to just go around and do random **** instead of the story.
See for the "go do random ****" I love that, but I love it in Just Cause 2 and Saints Row 2/3... GTA4 felt tiresome and chore like.

Quote:
When a game has a lot of cutscenes, but goes along with a lot of gameplay, I don't see the problem. I still believe that probably the most overrated series (especially after the 4th game) is COD. Funny how some don't mention Mass Effect (2 was the best, 3 was good, and 1... the combat really was kinda bad, even if the RPG elements were very good) or Gears of War.
With regards to cutscenes I don't disagree... but when I can beat the game in under 4 hours on my 2nd playthrough I should not have feel that the cut-scenes were significantly longer than the gameplay. IMO a game should stand on its own aside from the pretty cut-scenes and for a 4-6 hour 'good' game I think MGS4 is over-rated.

Gears of War was mediocre (IMO) but had sensational marketing (sold me on the first one at least).

COD is definetly over-rated. I actually miss the WW2 ones I think I own 3(?) of the modern COD games. COD2, COD Modern Warfare and COD World at War. Modern Warfare was really a decent game but all the rest are just 'okay.'

Mass Effect 2 was fantastic. 3 was basically 2 up until they decided to destroy the ending with laziness (which made me upset too). I actually really enjoyed 1 and what it tried to do, even if it failed. 1 was more of a sci-fi game to me than 2 or 3.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote