View Single Post
Old
10-07-2006, 09:30 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
I think I'd at least try to abstain from using Souray as a top option on the PK. Well, it may be that we don't have much choice on the left side. But if it comes down to it, I'd rather overplay Markov in that role than Souray.

Anyway, I would generally agree that the pairings could be mixed up a little bit, but that's mostly just because I think the Markov-Rivet pairing was magical and it was dumb to mess with it to begin with. It helped make Rivet look like a really good top-3 defenseman. It helped make Markov look like a #1 defenseman. Only problem is, then you start believing Rivet is top-3 and you want to make some other pairing stronger by putting him there instead, and... whups.

Restoring the Markov-Rivet pairing wouldn't solve any dilemnas on the other pairings. You could still do a lot of arguing there, and there are certainly arguments to put forward against either Komisarek or Dandenault as partners for Souray. In fact, of the 3, Rivet might actually still be the best one to put with him. But I still just like Markov-Rivet enough that I'd be ready to roll those loaded dice on the other pairings. On the other hand, if Souray just started playing well himself maybe it wouldn't matter so much...

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote