View Single Post
Old
10-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotChiliPanthers View Post
Has Jokinen brought us anywhere? What has Bertuzzi done in his career to be considered as money more wisely spent? How much money does Bert make again, you're telling me that keeping Luongo would had kept us from getting improvments in other areas. Give me a break. It would have been only abuut a 1 mil difference if Luongo had signed here. So, they could had gone after Salei as well, gone after another Dman or forward and let Jackman or Semenov walk for example.
Wow, we could have kept Luongo, and gotten Salei, instead of Bertuzzi, Allen, and Auld. We also would have had to break the rules and hire someone who was already under contract.

Bertuzzi, Jokinen, etc. weren't asking to be paid more than overy other player in the league were they?? Horrible argument. When a guy insists on being paid more than any other goalie (not to mention the other demands), he opens himself to criticisms about his play. Give me 1, just 1, reason why he deserves more than every other goalie out there. Potential? Then I guess Crosby, Ovechkin, and Malkin are all going to be making 10 mil when their contracts are up.