Thread: Confirmed with Link: Daniel Přibyl does not receive an offer.
View Single Post
Old
06-02-2013, 01:34 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 500
This one is entirely on Sparta Praha and the Czech league being incredibly anal. They wouldn't release Pribyl to go to the CHL post draft and essentially wasted two years of development for the kid. I'd completely avoid drafting from the Czech league in the future, their bush league practices are going to kill hockey development there. Has any Czech player not drafted from the CHL/gone there immediately after being drafted even played in the NHL in the last 5-6 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I guess they don't want to hit the contract limit within two or three years. It makes sense not to sign prospects they believe have little NHL upside.
We have 10-11 contract spots open going into next season after re-signing our RFAs and 1-2 UFAs. We have a ton of contracts expiring in the next two years too. I can't see this being the reason. Seems more like Bergevin wanting to fill the farm team with "his" guys instead of Gauthier era guys. Next year I can't see Quailer, Nattinen, Lefebvre or Delmas being kept barring some sort of miracle development.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote