View Single Post
Old
06-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Yakushev72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
After what I saw at the WC, I would say that you shouldn't write off Kulikov that early, as I believe not much of our defenders are better than him.

And about 2010, Nabokov was pretty good before the 4-th goal actually, but after it Bykov should've changed him for Bryz. I believe that this was the second most important mistake by Bykov after not breaking 'Ovechkin-Malkin-Semin VS Nash-Toews-Richards' matchup.

For the Sochi, I have faith for Varlamov in goal with Bobrovsky as his backup. Actually, I don't quite understand why Varly has been so heavily criticized after USA game, because if we look at the 4 goals he let in, I can blame him only for the last one (and even in this case we should remember that at this moment the defence completely stopped), but he was able to 'compensate' it by making the save when USA should've scored the 9-th.
I would reconsider my comment about Kulikov. He has played 3 or 4 years as a regular defenseman in the NHL, and has played well. I expect that he will be on the Sochi team, because there aren't a lot of other options.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote