View Single Post
Old
10-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
Didn't see the game but listened to it and it sounded like he was making some dangerous offensive plays, which is what his game is about. But one thing to remember is Gainey said publicly that management was not going to judge Samsonov early in his career with Montreal. He was going to be given plenty of time to fit in with the team and his linemates and only then (around January) would they have a solid idea of his worth to this team.

I can understand people being upset at the loss last night, I'm disappointed, but you have to think of a hockey team playing their first game as a work in progress. Its kinda similar to having a race car, you get it before the season, get it looking right and do all you can to it off the track. But that is not a true representation of the car. You need to take it to a track, test it, tune it. That takes a little time. Its said a mark of a great racing car is one which is quick from the moment it first hits the track. Last night, our team stepped onto the ice for the first time (forget preseason) with a number of question marks concerning them. Goaltending, new players, kids with higher expectations, regulars coming back from injury. We were on the road, first game, against one of the best teams in the league. We didn't win, but we gave them a hell of a scare. We pushed them all the way and forced them to pull a result out of the hat. We had the measure of them in our first game and as long as the coaches can tune the team a little, I think we are in great shape for the season.

Also, when Saku came back from cancer, his first season back was his best stats-wise. Anyone think that him coming back from a serious health issue is a good source of motivation for him to really produce? Its looking good so far. I hope he keeps the pressure up.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote