Thread: Sochi 2014
View Single Post
06-02-2013, 03:51 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Raptor1990 View Post
How about Grigorenko ?
7.2.2014 is still long way ahead...
I remember that when asked about his possible participation in Sochi Nichushkin said something like "If I'll get to the NHL and will score more goals than others there, then I'm sure I will get called up to NT".
I think the same about Grigorenko - if he will have a great training camp, will get regular place at Buffalo roster and will kick everyone's butt next season then I'm sure Bilyaletdinov will be glad to see another high-class center on the roster.
I can see that you're kind of fond of young talanted players (me too, actually), but I think that the story is the same everytime - every player needs to prove that the talent is not the only thing that he has.

Also, as we were discussing in the neighbouring thread, I would remind that there should be players capable of playing defense or we will be thrashed more than 3-7 or 3-8. I like Anisimov for the 3-rd line center role actually, even though he wasn't really good at the WC (we should remember that he was completely out of form because of recent concussion).

By the way, I like your idea of taking Vasilevsky to Sochi, but I would take him as a 3-rd goalie.

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote