Thread: Sochi 2014
View Single Post
Old
06-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Caser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1990 View Post
Wait but those were supposed to be in Vancouver 2010 no ?
But who will score goals then ? Goalie ? Crowd ?

IMHO even your biggest NHL starts like Semin, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, especially Radulov he useless in offense too don`t care about his glorious QMJHL days, Malkin are useless in defense, should those be changed with Grigorenko, Kuznetsov, Tarasenko, Nichushkin ?
No, Vancouver 2010 was completely different thing - there were no defensive forwards except Datsyuk at all (Afinogenov playing on a PK - kind of tells it all). When picking the roster Bykov told that he is putting 'chemistries' at first place, so if you take a look on the lines you can see that no role management was made (compare this to the well balanced Canada team) and the roster reminded some kind of all-star team roster.

You can't say that there is no attacking potential: Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Semin, Datsyuk, Malkin are NHL PPGs, which is a quality mark. Radulov is a KHL PPG several years in a row, also looked good at offense in Nashville - you can't ignore that also (although I must admit that I'm not a fan of his contraversial personality, would like to see Tarasenko instead). Also there is the fact that they have already proven that they know how to put the puck into the net for Russia NT.

About the defense, I'm not saying that everyone should be able to play good at defense, but I mean that even on attacking lines there should be somebody, who is a little bit more defensively minded - someone from two-way guys (Datsyuk, Kokarev, Kulemin, Anisimov, maybe Popov and Soin). This is because of the following reasons:

1. Our defense is weak (3-8, you know), it needs some help from forwards
2. Star players need someone to do the 'dirty' part for them
3. PK - there should be at least 2 centers and 2 wingers that can be good at PK

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote