View Single Post
Old
06-02-2013, 05:43 PM
ckg927

vCash: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPORTSMANIAC View Post
I think if Erie opens up, I think that will be the gateway to the East for the USHL in some form of fashion. I think Buffalo could be possible too for the USHL.

You take a look at the Buffalo Jr. Sabres of the OJHL, the OJHL is going to a pay-to-play model like Tier III Jr. Hockey in the states would they like to make a jump?

I believe the Sabres (NHL) team is building a new practice facility/there's a new hockey complex going up in the city. I believe there's a partnership between the Jr. Sabres/Sabres. It would a way for Terry Pegula to get kids to go to Penn State eh?
Correct; said practice facility/hockey complex is part of the HarborCenter project. Incorrect in who the Sabres' partner is; they acquired the Buffalo Regals and as of next March, they'll be known as the Buffalo Jr. Sabres and the move becomes effective as of the 2014-15 season. (Of course, there's already a Buffalo Jr. Sabres in the OJHL-which has attracted the attention of quite a few scouts thanks to their good play of late.)

However, do NOT look for Buffalo to join the USHL. There simply isn't any rink in WNY besides FNC that can offer enough seating capacity. And I don't think Erie will open up, either. The ECHL would probably get into there first before the USHL did if the Otters did get out of Erie.

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote