Thread: Sochi 2014
View Single Post
Old
06-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Raptor1990

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post

You can't say that there is no attacking potential: Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Semin, Datsyuk, Malkin are NHL PPGs, which is a quality mark. Radulov is a KHL PPG several years in a row, also looked good at offense in Nashville - you can't ignore that also (although I must admit that I'm not a fan of his contraversial personality, would like to see Tarasenko instead). Also there is the fact that they have already proven that they know how to put the puck into the net for Russia NT.
I have no doubt about attacking potential of those players but their defensive potential which is of course other story.
But how come do you know what potential have guys like Tarasenko, Burmistrov, Yakupov, Grigorenko in NT ? Had they a chance to prove it ? When will that chance occur ? At they 30s ? Ovechkin, Malkin had that chance in 2006 Torino even they were benched most of that time.
And i doubt they were a lot better then Kuznetsov, Tarasenko, Yakupov and Grigorenko now.

If Bilatledinulov will again choose players like Frolov, Mozjakin and etc Zaripov, Zinoviev or who, Sochi 2014 will be even bigger fail then Vancouver 2010. Because those proven NT guys have absolutely nothing new to show...

Last edited by Raptor1990: 06-02-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Raptor1990 is offline   Reply With Quote