View Single Post
Old
10-07-2006, 05:41 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Snake View Post
Well said; DO we have a bunch of Rivet's relatives on here trying to take the microscope off of Craig. Keep Souray, goodbye Rivet. The man just cannot clear the zone, it is too repetitive. WHy do you think Latendresse was so tired on the first goal last night cause Rivet missed his chances to clear.
No one here is making Rivet out as a star player here. He's what he's always been, an average skilled player with above average character. He doesn't get beat to the outside much, does ok 1 on 1, contributes offensively, but gets in trouble when he doesn't keep it simple. I've always liked the guy, though I thought he'd suffer without being able to use his stick. It turns out I was wrong last year, he had a good year.

Did you think Briere broke open thru the middle due to Rivet's positioning ? I've never coached hockey and couldn't diagram stickmen, but it looked like Souray moved to the boards when he had middle responsibility. Rivet was deeper than Souray but took a step to the wing. Numminen stepped around a forechecker and caught Briere in flight. Tell me where it's different.

I get it. You don't like Rivet. You've been very clear. It's in my memory bank now.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote