View Single Post
Old
06-02-2013, 07:56 PM
hockeyfan2k11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjac View Post
At yet, absolutely nothing you have said unvalidates his contract either.

There isn't much reason, patience or foresight in this this thread, it's mostly panic and knee jerk reactions. Something that the previous management group was criticized for, by the very same people that are falling into that trap right here. Its actually quite entertaining.
Really?

How about getting a top 3 contract when he had mid pack numbers? How about his mediocre playoff showings?

How do you offer a guy like that just shy of what Lundqvist is making and more than what Quick is making?

I'm baffled at how people think the contract was fair. I shouldn't even have to explain why it was a gross overpayment.

As for patience. Price has been with the Habs for 5 seasons and has been inconsistent. That said, I'm still willing to give him more time to prove that he can live up to his hype. But how do you give a guy $6.5M and use the word "patience" when he underperforms. I'd say it's a bad contract at this point and I said it the day I saw the numbers.

I will if Bergy plays hardball with PK's next contract after handing out overpayments to Price and DD