View Single Post
Old
06-03-2013, 01:22 AM
Eskimo44

vCash: 500
Preferred UFA's (alternate options)

Flippula 4.25 x 6 (Horton, Stalberg, Weiss, Roy, Jagr, Morrow, Iginla, Clarkson, Clowe, Prospal, Brunner)
Gordon 1.325 x 2 (Lapierre, Adams, Steckle, A.Hall)
Lovejoy 1.525 x 2 (Roszival, Drewiskie, O'Byrne, Lydman, I.White, Leopold)
Khudobin 1.5 x 2 (Greiss, Raanta, Theodore, Nabokov )
Miller 1 x 1 (Torres, Cooke, Cleary, Hendricks, Armstrong, Latendress, Mayers)

I'd try to sign Hainsey if i couldn't land a top 6 forward.

Trades

Hemsky, Belanger, 7th, 37th
for
Yandle, Gordon neg. rights
(I think PHX may gamble for scoring up front, Gormley-OEL and a deep defense make Yandle expendable)

Marincin, 2nd-14
for
Berglund
(St.Louis could replace him internally (Oshie) and is rumored to be moving salary. Marincin gives them a quality LHD prospect something STL fans claim they could use.)

Horcoff, Ana 2nd (50th-60th range iirc)
for
Matthias/Goc
(Florida doesn't mind salary to reach the floor, especially when the caphit is higher than the cost. Matthias could be expendable with Bjugstad, Shore, MacKinnon?, and a bunch of other decent but not great NHL centers. )

N.Schultz (1 million retained), 1st-14, Gernat
for
Coburn
(Philly has to cut cap and Coburn is coming off a poor season. Schultz offers a cheap replacement with a deal set to expire. At 2.5 he's both tradeable or usable for Philly with the 1st+Gernat being the real value.)

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Taylor Hall ($6.000m) / Ryan N.-Hopkins ($3.775m) / Jordan Eberle ($6.000m)
Valtteri Filppula ($4.250m) / Sam Gagner ($4.250m) / Nail Yakupov ($3.775m)
Shawn Matthias ($1.250m) / Patrik Berglund ($3.250m) / Magnus Paajarvi ($1.500m)
Ryan Smyth ($2.250m) / Boyd Gordon ($1.325m) / Drew Miller ($1.000m)
Teemu Hartikainen ($0.827m) / Mike Brown ($0.737m)

Lander, Rajala main call ups.

DEFENSEMEN

Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Jeff Petry ($1.750m)
Keith Yandle ($5.250m) / Justin Schultz ($3.775m)
Ladislav Smid ($3.500m) / Anton Belov ($1.525m)
Ben Lovejoy ($1.525m) /

Klefbom, Peckham?, Fedun, Potter main call ups

GOALTENDERS

Devan Dubnyk ($3.500m)
Anton Khudobin ($1.500m)

Raanta/Danis/Euro prospect main callup

OTHER

Buried: Ben Eager ($0.175m)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (1.633% of upper limit)
Nick Schultz ($1.050m—30.0%)

------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,238,542; BONUSES: $9,150,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $883,958

It's a 23 man roster, i'm not sure why capgeek says it's 22, but i can't change it and it shows everybody published. So i'm going with it.

The first line is obviously set and should be for a decade if all goes according to plan. The second line has Flippula who is a quality center/faceoff man if needed and really should help the young duo of Gagner-Yakupov. On the 3rd i think Berglund is the answer down the middle and should be a good compliment to Paajarvi, Matthias brings flexability, grit, and enough skill to play in the top 9 while being pushed by Hartikainen and Smyth for ice time. On the 4th i like Gordon's defense and the 4 of Smyth, Hartikainen, Brown, and Miller should all be able to hold there own and fill roles (PK, experience, energy, enforcing, ect..).

The defense is well balanced IMO with 2 or 3 two way guys in Coburn, Petry, and Belov?. 2 quality offensive players in Yandle, Schultz. 2 defensive guys with Smid being excellent and Lovejoy coming off a pretty solid year. Klefbom, Fedun provide good young callup options IMO and Peckham?, Potter give the team a couple of more veteran options.

Goaltending is in great shape with 3 young goalies all possibly capable of carrying the mail. Raanta starts in the AHL due to a two way contract and a lack of NA experience. Khudobin is a real sleeper IMO and could legitimatly dethrone Dubnyk and depending on Raanta's performace could possibly make Dubnyk a movable asset without hurting the team.

It's a fantasy but i do feel the trades are reasonable and the signings possible.

Last edited by Eskimo44: 06-03-2013 at 02:14 AM.
Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote