Thread: News Article: Ron Mclean Rant about Richards
View Single Post
06-03-2013, 07:39 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
I doubt it. Look at all the chances he gave Richards during the season. Look at Torts' tirade after game could tell he was pissed that people were pointing the fingers at his boy. And even after game 5 Torts fell on his sword and blamed himself for the team not being prepared.

And let's not forget who wrote that Post article. Brooks and a few other media types are really trying hard to twist the knife to the point they're making Torts out to be a monster. All we heard from various sources before this season from Tampa and New York is how much guys love playing for Torts. All of a sudden the players all hate him and are throwing a coup? Come on!

It's starting to sound to me that a few media personnel are trying to make Tortorella unemployable.

In other words, I smell a rat.
A lot can change in 9 years. I'm not opposed to a Richards buyout, and I am a big fan of Torts. But when everyone close to him, media, and former players all say the same thing... then maybe Torts lost the team due to his behavior.

Comments from Ken Daneyko after the firing revealed a lot. As did the exit interviews from Hank, Richards etc etc.

Gaborik asked for a trade cause of Torts, and as much as I appreciate what Torts has done, you can only treat people a certain way for so long before they get sick of it. Tortorella treated his players as if their feelings did not matter, and now he is without a job.

For the record, I do think Richards get bought out, just not sure if it is this off season, or the next.

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote