Old
06-03-2013, 09:42 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Me too depending on what the + is.

I'm a little hesitant to trade Del Zotto because of the Staal injury. I don't think the Staal injury makes Del Zotto untouchable BUT the Rangers might find themselves with this top 4:

McD Girardi
Moore Stralman

I'm not sure that's a Stanley Cup contending top 4. We simply don't know how good Staal is going to be next season. What if Staal isn't comfortable playing with the injury?

It's like when I read trade proposals about Staal. What team is trading for a defenseman that has already admitted his eyesight will never be the same? Maybe more importantly what team is willing to trade anything of value? Maybe Carolina but maybe Carolina just waits until Staal becomes a Free Agent.
Staal will have to retire if he isn't comfortable playing with the eye injury. His issue wasn't comfort. He said the healthy eye is stronger now. The eye has a small tear which deals with eye pressure. That's the issue. The doctors say it will be ready to go by camp. Before Torts was fired,he said they expect Marc to be ready for camp. Marc said the same thing. Staal started feeling better during the Boston series. Staal tried to play with the small tear. They changed eye drops and medication. He changed his routine by not skating everyday. Nothing worked. He needs time to let it heal. Staal reported he was feeling better during the Boston series. According to the doctors,he should heal during the summer and be ready for September. Even if Staal isn't healthy,the Rangers need to move on for Del Zotto. Swap him for another D. Make a Cam Barker type deal where you get another NHL D such as Johnsson(who doesn't get hurt) and a top young D like Leddy.