View Single Post
Old
06-03-2013, 12:19 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Feels like every summer we need something from the bottom six. More grit. More scoring. More speed. More size. Then people spend the year justifying that we can trade guys from our bottom six because they're "easy to replace" through trade or free agency.

L1 - Stepan - Nash
L2 - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin - C3 - Callahan
Pyatt - Boyle/C4 - Dorsett
Asham

McD - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
Moore - MDZ/D1
Eminger

L1 - Not sure if I want a finisher here, or if I want a puck hound like Hagelin. Leaning towards the latter but it really boils down to what kind of strategy we're going to employ.
L2 - Ultimately I think this will be Kreider, but you can't bet on him being there out of camp. Tough spot to fill on a line with two high-skill players. Really need a pure finisher, but the in-zone play is going to be hard to swallow.
C3 - I think this spot is up for grabs between Miller and Lindberg. Assuming Richards is bought out that is.
C4 - Optimal for Boyle, but if he's dealt, I could see Lindberg or even Newbury getting the job.
D1 - I happen to think Del Zotto is a lock to be traded, but that could all change with a new coach.

That's how I see the lineup currently. Will be interesting to see how things shake out. Hrivik will get a look next year. Can he make it out of camp?