View Single Post
Old
06-03-2013, 12:23 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
I wouldn't say that Morrissey compares super well with Doughty. In the sense of a potential two-way defenseman that can skate sure, but Morrissey would have to go through a significant physical maturation to match the size and strength of Doughty.
I'd say Morrissey does compare with Doughty. Yes, Doughty is stronger, but let's not forget that Doughty is a couple of years older and has been in the NHL for some time, so he's got access to superior physical fitness training and the like.

I wouldn't say a significant physical maturation would be required because Doughty is only 5'11, 210 pounds. He's stocky. Morrissey is 6'0, 185 pounds. I'd like to think in five years time, Morrissey reaches the 200+ pound mark when he physically matures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Based on physical attributes, Doughty and Nurse are probably more closely aligned, but expect Nurse to be Doughty is a shot in the dark as well (as always in the NHL draft).
I'd have to disagree here as well. Based on physical attributes alone, Nurse projects more like Coburn physically. Nurse is 6'5, 210 pounds. He's a big kid already. In terms of offensive production, I think it's very plausible that Nurse becomes a John Carlson type of defenseman in terms of offensive ability.

I don't think Nurse's offensive game measures well to that of Doughty. I see the comparisons more with Carlson and think more and more that's a good fit.