Old
06-03-2013, 12:27 PM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
And the list of 1st rounders that did worse than AK are: Zherdev, Jessiman, Nilsson, Bernier, Fehr, Stuart, Pouliot, Stewart, Boyle, Tambellini, Eaves, Belle.

I bet two-thirds of the teams wish they could redo their selection.
First of all, that's only 12 players. So about 1/3 of the teams. And secondly I did indeed mention the fact that us and other teams wished they didn't pass on guys like Carter, Richards, Getzlaf, Perry, etc.

So try reading this entire thread first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Esposito is an NHL regular? Half your list don't even play in the nhl and half of the other half were top 10 picks.
There's a reason why I put a question mark beside him (or are your reading comprehension skills missing here). What do you mean half aren't in the NHL. And here are the top 10 picks:

Bourdon
Voracek
Huberdeau
Couturier

So 4 out of 21 players. So about 20% which is 1/5 not 1/2 of 1/2 = 1/4.

Which half (10-11 players) don't play in the NHL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
no, that's hindsight hogwash.

AK was ranked 3rd in european skaters. he was drafted exactly where he should have been. of course it's a bad pick when you look back, but don't act like he didn't belong to be drafted where he was. in fact, the draft pretty much followed the draft rankings.

and brown, who was ranked 2nd in NA skaters was picked 12th. dont remember, that was a long time ago, but looks like he had some other issues because a lot of teams passed on him
3rd in European players or 3rd in European draft-eligible skaters. Where and why was he placed so high if it was the latter or the former. The draft didn't follow the rankings as apparently we got AK46 at a steal (was supposed to be top 5). I understand teams passed on Brown (was a bit smaller than the other stars to come out of that draft) and possibly other off-ice stuff. Point is, I would rather have drafted Getzlaf at 10th then AKost. Power forward Centres like Getzlaf who could score don't come along very often...and we decided to pass on him as did 18 over teams, but we ended up with a "bust" and other teams (about 10 of the 18) did not. I wouldn't be pissed if we drafted Carter instead of Getzlaf but because we drafted AK46, i am rightfully so.

Show me AK's stats while he was in the KHL and what made him a top 5 draft pick that slipped due to his epilepsy.

dmanfish90 is offline   Reply With Quote