06-03-2013, 12:44 PM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
Lets not be too short sighted.

Markov is no longer able to play 20 + minutes per game effectively. His is however an experienced defender who, if his minutes are managed properly can still be effective in a limited role. ELITE puck moving defensemen who consistently make a PP in the top 5 in the league do not appear every day. His contract is too big for this role.... but he would probably sign @ a discount after next year, at which point our younger guys should be able to step up the minutes. The challenge is for next season. PK is ready to play 25 + minutes. I see him paired with Tinordi or Emelin to reduce some of the physical burden. We need another D capable of eating 20+ Minutes who is physical.

Next year

PK-Emelin
Diaz-Tinordi
Markov-Gorges
Cube.

The only way I trade Markov is if we're out of playoffs. There are plenty of teams who'd take him just for PP....imagine how scary Pit would be with this guy.

I think NYR might be a good trading partner because they have depth at D we could use, but we've also got tons of prospects!
Markov avg. almost 25 minutes per game this season. If you lower that to almost 22 minutes per game then we're fine aka 2nd line pairing.

Also, your evaluation of Markov's contract is wrong. I don't believe he's grossly overpaid, just slightly by about 750K per year.

Here are all the defenseman who are paid either above or at Markov's cap hit:

Suter
Weber
Doughty
Campbell
Chara
Bouwmeester
Boyle
Karlsson
Phaneuf
Green
Timmonen
Seabrook

Enstrom

All the bolded players are, IMO, not as good as Markov. This is a fact. If you dispute any of these players, i'm going to call you out.

If Markov is overpaid, then so are all the bolded players too.

dmanfish90 is offline   Reply With Quote