View Single Post
06-03-2013, 02:07 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I am actually a Zuccarello fan, but looking at him in the top-6 is rough on the eyes.

Pyatt is also extremely soft for a 4th liner. Nystrom please. And get me Bordeleau

Kreider will be in one of those LW spots.

Lindberg/Miller/Fast/Hrivik. Out of all of them, one of them will make the team. That leaves (2) spots to fill. Trade? UFA?

Also, you have to assume that to start the season, neither Callahan or Hagelin will be ready. All the more reason to sign Nystrom as he is more than capable of playing on the 3rd line in the Hagelin puck-hound role.
I'm willing to give Zucc the benefit of the doubt. I think he's more than a "add a little offense to the 3rd line" kind of guy. He has very good chemistry with Brassard and is one of the most creative players on the roster. He was very good in the post season and down the stretch. I'm also looking at it beyond a top/bottom six mentality and looking to put together 4 lines that are all made up of players who can compliment each other.

Hags-OL/Miller-Cally is a fast, gritty, defensively responsible line. All three can generate offense. If we flipped MDZ and Boyle to Edmonton for the 7th pick and MPS, Hags can slot in with Stepan and Nash and MPS can take his spot.

Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett worked very well for us in the playoffs. I don't want a 6'6 enforcer there because he lines up a big hit every 5 or 6 games. Pyatt is a good player.

Brassard/Zucc/Kreider could be deadly off the rush and once they get puck possession in the offensive zone, Kreider can create space for the others to get on the cycle.