View Single Post
Old
06-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Who are you referring to? Svitov? Chistov? Volchkov? That would be it over the past 20 years.

Kovalchuk, Zheredev, Ovechkin, Malkin, Yakupov up front.
Vishnevski, Tverdovsky, and Zyuzin on the back end .... not quite busts there.
Alexei Smirnov maybe - 12th overall in 2000 by the Ducks with only 52GP in the NHL. Once you get past the top five or so in the NHL entry draft, it's kind of tough to call them a bust though.

The only non-hockey factor at play in the Nichushkin decision is a personal experience getting burned. I think Poile and the scouting team is mature enough to evaluate every player on an individual basis. That said, we need a 1C more than we need a winger and your best options there are MacKinnon and Barkov.

MacKinnon will be drafted by the Pants, and I'd bet my VCash we draft Barkov and any public comments indicating that we are considering moving the pick are just posturing in the offchance of a really aggressive offer from another GM.

Things get interesting with the teams right behind us though. If EDM offers #7, 2013 2nd, 2014 1st, do you make that trade and take whichever of Monahan / Lindholm is left? (There was a proposal on the trade forums which was #7 + 2014 1st for our #4 which most NSH fans thought was a bit short) I'd be pretty tempted to do so given EDM's track record of finishing in the bottom third.