View Single Post
06-03-2013, 02:57 PM
NYR Viper
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
What would u guys give Lecavalier? how " cheap" are u looking if hes bought out
2~3 years 4-5 million/season

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
So we're supposed to just get rid of our second leading playoff scorer?

Zuccarello is still young and has room to improve. I'd rather the Rangers not pull a Calgary and just let a talented player walk for nothing.
Not nothing, a decent return.

Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Most "unproven" players look out of place in the top-six. Until you let a guy prove himself, that's not going to change. How many times have we thought a player wasn't good enough and went out to replace him with a UFA that eventually amounted to nothing? Players developed from within have something to prove and play for the team. Guys coming in as FA's just want a paycheck. Zucca broke into the league with us and came back to us this year having improved in just about every facet of the game. Time to give the guy a real shot at finding his potential.
While that is true, I guess that looking at Stepan, Brassard, Hagelin, Nash and Callahan in the top-6 makes me yearn for a bigger presence in the way of physicality.

Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Depends what is available via trade but I think of anyone is let go it's Zucc, reason being he's most effective in the top six, overcomes his diminutive stature fairly well but doesn't make it a non issue and is low man on the totem pole.

I like him but if you can get a bigger player of the same caliber I think you take the bigger player.

No knock on Zucc and I could be wrong just my opinion.
That's how I feel.

Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Rangers need to stop trying to build their team by poaching the players they need from other teams with a big check. Who is the core of this team? It's the players we've developed from within, or the ones who were brought in via some savvy trades. Stop with the FA's.
They need to key in on more young players who are being stifled. Is Rundblad that player? Not sure. He hasn't sold anyone on his defensive acumen.