View Single Post
06-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Chau Vo
Hockey's Future Staff
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by hockeyisforeveryone View Post
I have made a decision to quit my team next fall season and I just hope I stick by it.

I played 2 seasons with a group that saw a full handful of guys leave and new ones join up this year. There were annoying things about the 1st team but it has gotten intolerable.

The main thing is racist, bigoted attitudes. Little comments here and there, jokes about other races that is so red-neck and ignorant. I wanted so bad at times to walk out while getting dressed and never return. I held my tongue because I had committed to the team. Also my good friend who invited me is not like that; we drove together and pretty much have our own experience of the league.

Secondly there is too much goonery. Every game has to be fights, near fights, or checking penalties. It badly disrupts the flow of the game. These are guys who played in high school and now adult rec is a forum to remove their cage, drink beer, and cause mayhem. The games are so short I'm there to skate and play as a team, not get into **** so we can boast and yell about it in the lockeroom after.

I'm all for a cold one after the game but most these guys drink at least 2 or 3 before the game and have to bring some for the bench. It's one thing to screw up our team's game, but it's another to sit around *****ing about how and why we don't win!
We're half drunk!

Overall the whole thing is so juvenile. I am some years older than most these guys and that is probably a factor as to why I can't relate. Next season I think I will be looking for a team with players my own age.
Either be an adult and talk to them about it directly or find another team. It's that easy.