View Single Post
Old
06-03-2013, 08:04 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Yotes fan coming in peace. I think there's the potential for a trade involving Rundblad, but is Richards being bought out still a done deal even after the sacking of Tortorella?
I'd say there's a 95% chance of it happening. Richards, flat out, sucked this year. There's a risk involved in keeping him for 13/14 — if he ends up getting injured and needing offseason surgery, then the Rangers can't buy him out and would be, in essence, ****ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Reason I ask is because we'd probably ask for Miller.
Doubt that would happen. Management is very high on Miller, and rightfully so. He's a pretty safe bet to be a very good 3rd line player, with the potential to be even better. I'd compare him to Mike Richards. They're not 100% similar build-wise, but the style of play is. Miller is big, strong, physical, and a good playmaker. Can play both wing and center.

I think Thomas two of our third rounders makes more sense. Similar to the Sangunetti deal. Rundblad definitely has some nice tools, but I question if his game will translate to the NHL level. He didn't seem like a very smart player when I watched him in Ottawa, and with his lack of size/strength, that would be his saving grace defensively.

Don't know if Phoenix would make that trade, though.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard